‘The Poona Western Club’ welcomes all our members and guests.
Hope you have a great time on our premises.
We request you to follow the Club rules and regulations at all times.
Club General Rules
- The hours of operation of the Club are 7 am to ‑9.30 pm all seven days of the week.
- Members must carry their membership cards with them at all times to access the club facilities.
- Members must present their membership card whenever requested by staff or guards.
- Members can bring guests along. A guest fee of Rs. 50/- per guest is applicable.
- Vehicles must be parked in areas designated by the Club.
- Pets are not permitted on the Club premises.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated smoking areas.
- Members and guests are expected to use all club assets with care.
- Please remove any litter left on the court, viewing area, or seating area and deposit it in the nearest dustbin.
- Members and Guests might be requested to leave the premises of the Club in the event of,
- Display of unsatisfactory and unprofessional behaviour.
- Failure in payment of dues, fees, charges or any other amount owed to the Club in a proper and timely manner.
- Unreasonable and abusive behaviour towards any personnel or employees of the Club.
- Sexual assault or Sexual harassment towards any personnel or employees of the Club, other members and guests.
- Conduct by a member that is improper or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony or reputation of the Club or its members.
- Being found to be in possession of weapons in the premises of the Club.
- Failure to abide by any of the rules and regulations established for use of the Club Facilities.
Violation of any of the above-mentioned rules will attract disciplinary action by the Club.
- It is expected that members and their guests will dress in a fashion befitting the surroundings and atmosphere provided in the setting of our Club.
- Dress code for Cricket is white T-shirt and white full pants or any Team T-shirt with full pants.
Sports Specific Rules
Only guests and members with the appropriate sports attire and footwear will be allowed to access the facilities. Appropriate sports attire and footwear doesn’t include jeans, shirts, trousers, salwar kameez, chappals, leather shoes, sandals or bare foot amongst others.
Table Tennis and Carrom
- It is not permitted to carry liquids or eat around TT tables and carrom boards.
Guidance for Footwear on various Sport Surfaces
- Outside shoes are not allowed on any sports facilities. Please carry an alternate pair with you at all times.
- Cricket Ground – Sports shoes, spikes and stud are allowed.
- Cricket Net Pitches – Shoes with spikes are not allowed. Indoor soccer shoes and running shoes are allowed.
- Futsal – Turf shoes and running shoes are allowed.
- Tennis and Badminton – Non-Marking shoes are allowed (Non-marking shoes are shoes that have sole material that does not scuff off and leave marks on the floor).
- Gymnasium Rules and Footwear Recommendations –
i) Members are requested to go through a general physical check-up before signing up to any fitness activity at the gymnasium and obtain a No Objection Certificate form their general physician if needed.
ii) Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to use the gym unless accompanied by a coach for sport specific training.
iii) Weightlifting: Wear lifting shoes with a heel.
iv) Treadmill: Normal running shoes.
Code of Conduct
- The member of the Club shall be liable for any property damage caused by the member, any family member or guest of the member during events on the club premises.
- Vandalism on the club premises will not be tolerated and will attract a penalty of Rs. 500/- and a payment of repairs/replacement of damaged goods.
- If a member of the Club is sponsoring a private party, he/she shall be responsible for the conduct of the member’s guests. In the event of any damage the member (host) will be charged a fine equalling the damage to the property.
- The member of the Club sponsoring any private party or organising any event shall be responsible maintain the property of the club e.g. tables, chairs, restrooms etc in good condition.
- Please note that anybody seen writing, leaving marks or scrapping the walls will be subject to strict disciplinary action.
The Club may at any time, and from time to time, restrict, suspend, or terminate, for cause or causes described in the preceding paragraph, any member’s privilege to use any or all of the club facilities. No such member shall be entitled to a refund of any membership dues or any other fees on account of any such restriction, suspension or termination of membership privileges.
Facility Bookings Rules
- All booking requests and enquiries must be sent by an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Members and non-members, who wish to book any facility, are requested to communicate, in advance, all the facilities required during the event and ensure that the Club is able to provide those on the day, e.g., projector, mic, chairs, tables, refreshments, ground preparation for cricket etc.
- Prior permission must be taken from the PWC Management on display locations for the promotional material and payments as applicable must be made in advance.
Sports facility bookings
- Where an activity is booked in advance (e.g. badminton, cricket nets, TT, carrom, tennis, exercise classes), full payment must be made in advance to secure the booking. Payment for such activities is strictly non-refundable.
- For outdoor games such as Cricket ground, Futsal and Tennis if it rains one day before the tournament/booking, the club will compensate the booking hours lost on another day agreeable to both parties. However, if it rains on the same morning/evening during the day on the day of the booking, there will be no refund nor compensation for the time lost.
- If a booked session and/or activity is overrun and a new session time has started, the customer will be charged for the additional session that was not booked.
- The customer will not be able to book any further activities until pending payments have been made within prescribed deadline.
Banquet, Courtyard and Event Bookings
- A non-refundable deposit of Rs. 2000/- must be paid upfront to confirm the booking and full amount must be paid within 7 days of the Club confirming the booking on receiving the payment of deposit.
- If complete payment is not made within 7 days of the Club confirming the booking, the club reserves the rights to allocate the booking to any other interested party.
- Independent catering services are only allowed until The Poona Western Club Restaurant & Bar are fully functional.
- For private catering, prior permission must be taken from The Club management.
- The member is responsible to ensure that the banquet hall is left clean and no damage has been caused to the property of the Club.
- Wet and dry waste disposal policy must be maintained at all times.
- Members must vacate the premises at the end of a booked session.
- During events, members are asked to assist in maintaining required service levels by cooperating with the club staff and housekeeping staff.
- Loud music is not permitted on the club premises as this is a residential area.
- During events, pre-purchased tickets might be required. Members will be notified of the ticket booking process by the Club. Ticket fee once paid is strictly non-refundable.
Food and Beverages
- Edibles and beverages from outside are not allowed on the club premises (water bottles and electrolytes for sports are allowed)
- Serving food in the Gymkhana area is not allowed unless permitted by the PWC Management.
- Alcoholic beverages will only be served at the bar or during events with prior approval.
Children’s Club Usage
- Age restrictions apply for the use of facilities and equipment based on activity chosen. Please enquire at the reception or with the coaches.
- Under 12 year olds must be accompanied by parents/guardians while entering the club.
- Children’s play area: Children aged six years or below are allowed in the children’s play area and must be accompanied by parents/guardians at all times.
Waste Disposal and Hygiene
- Please use the dustbins to throw trash and any other waste, segregated into dry and wet waste separately.
- Guests seen littering, spitting, throwing cigarette buds other than in dustbins will be fined Rs. 500/- and/or barred from entering the club premises.
Safety and Security
- Any member, family member or guest who, in any manner, makes use of, or accepts the use of, any apparatus, appliance, facility, privilege or service whatsoever owned, leased or operated by the Club, or who engages in any contest, game, function, exercise, competition or other activity operated, organized, arranged or sponsored by the Club, either on or off the club premises, shall do so at his or her own risk.
- Each member and guest assumes sole responsibility for his or her safety, security and property while at the club.
The Club property is surrounded by CCTV cameras both inside and outside the property and all activity is closely monitored by the club security staff at all times.
First Aid Kit
A first aid kit is available at the reception for emergencies.
For queries or any other information please do not hesitate to contact the Club Reception or any of our staff members.